Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nucular/Nuclear vs Realator/REALTOR®

Okay, we've all done it. Mispronounced a word by adding a letter or two and have it just drive someone up the wall. As a professional real estate agent (REALTOR®) I hear it every day. Hey, even my fellow and sister agents say it. I'm sure I've said it more than once.

So who are we? Well we are real estate agents that are bound by a code of ethics outlined by the National Association of Realtors® and the San Antonio Board of Realtors®. We have access to the entire list of homes on the Multi-listing Service (MLS) and when we represent a client we owe fiduciary responsibility to them. What a big word! Basically I have to put their interests above mine and the Broker's. I cannot describe legaleze using legal terms because then I am practicing law and I can't do that either.

So, regardless if you say REALTOR® or realator, I'll respond professionally to you by always providing Core Services. Click HERE to see what they are.

1 comment:

Ryan Orsinger said...

Said by the top shelf re-lator, real-lettor, and REALTOR himself, Randy Elgin. Have you visited http://www.SARealtyWatch.com yet?